About Nyle Systems
Nyle Systems is a growing, innovative company that develops, manufactures and sells heat pump driven, energy saving products. Specifically, we build industrial equipment for Lumber Drying; Food Dehydration and Heat Pump Water Heating.
Our product design and manufacturing facility is in Brewer, Maine, just across the river from Bangor, central Maine’s economic and cultural center. We are firm believers in the need to build a more sustainable future and that includes the urgent need to reduce emissions. To switch from fossil fuels to electricity based on renewables, the world requires the electrification of many processes and that is where Nyle focuses.
Our Mission Statement
At Nyle our mission is to enable Energy Efficiency and the Electrification of industrial and commercial processes, allowing our customers to transition towards a renewable, sustainable energy system.
We strive to:
- Be the best at what we do, so that we can offer our customers the best product for the best value
- Create a workplace for our associates that gives opportunities to grow professionally and offers a safe place to work and provide for our families
- Generate a good return on investment to our shareholders, proving that sustainability is a solid business proposition
Nyle is just getting started: Since 2010 the company has doubled in size every 3-4 years. We plan to keep this growth going for the long-term so that we can have a meaningful impact in transitioning our world onto a sustainable path for the next generations. Speed matters!
Nyle has a culture that blends traditional values such as commitment to our customers and delivering quality and value, with forward looking values such as innovation and sustainability.
Nyle stands for:
- Customer Focus: We seek to provide our customers with superior value and a superior experience versus our competition.
- Continuous Improvement: Our job is to continuously improve our business along all dimensions, from Customer Value Propositions to Quality, Lean Manufacturing, Operational Excellence and Employee Satisfaction.
- Innovation: Our Mission requires us to develop new solutions for our customers. Luckily, we live in a time of rapid technological development creating ample opportunity to develop innovative products and solutions that not only help them reduce their emissions but also deliver a better end-product.
- Bias for action: Many decisions and actions are reversible and do not need extensive study. While we strive to be data driven and fact based in all we do, we seek to avoid analysis paralysis.
- Safety: We build industrial equipment. We also have installation teams and service technicians in the field. Whether in the factory or in the field, we are focused on the safety and well-being of our associates.
- Frugality: Accomplish more with less. Constraints breed resourcefulness and innovation. We are not in business to increase expenses; grow headcount or seek perks.
- Integrity, Ownership and Teamwork: We expect all our associates to act with integrity and on behalf of the entire company, beyond just your team or job. Working together and supporting each other to reach common goals and objectives.
- Deliver Results: Ultimately it is results that matter! In the face of setbacks, we work harder to get there.
- Think Big: Nyle seeks to have a real impact in the transition towards a renewable, sustainable energy system. To do that, we need to think big and be bold. We expect to continue doubling our business every 3 – 4 years!
At this time, Nyle companies are active in:
At the core of Nyle is a deep understanding of Heat Pumps and Dehumidifiers and this has been translated into a distinctive leadership position in each of these core markets:
Lumber Drying: Nyle’s origins date back to 1978 when we patented the XDH Dehumidification system which became the core of a very successful line of Dehumidification lumber dryers for the hardwood market. Since then the product line has expanded to include: DH kilns, gas fired kilns, heat treaters and industry leading controls.
Food Dehydration: Nyle started with customer initiated one-off applications to dry products such as croutons, pet food, RTE meal ingredients and others. Following that we developed a line of highly energy efficient dehumidification dryers specifically designed for the food market. This product line was quickly followed with a line of indirect gas fired units. We will continue to innovate and expand our product line for the food and pet food markets.
Heat Pump Water Heating: Heat Pump Water heaters are easily the most energy efficient way to heat water. The energy efficiency is not just good for the environment but delivers very low operating costs as well. With rapidly increasing regulatory requirements in support of electrification, combined with a very attractive payback due to low operating costs, these units are rapidly gaining market share in the water heating markets. Nyle has developed a range of commercial size heat pump water heaters; the Geyser C-Series.
What ties these areas together is 40 years of experience building quality products that provide great value to our customers!
More on Customer Focus
Customer Focus is an over-used term so let us elaborate on what it means to us.
We typically sell big industrial equipment and it is important to our customers that the relationship doesn’t end when we deliver the equipment. In fact, for them that’s when it starts. Ultimately, we seek to build long term relationships with our customers. Relationships that last the lifetime of the equipment and often beyond. We do this by focusing on these principles:
Quality and Value. Especially in the Lumber industry Nyle has been an undisputed leader for the past 40 years. Many Nyle dry kilns are still in operation after 15 – 20 years of drying lumber, they are built to last! Many of our customers are in remote locations and thus we continuously look for ways to make our products as reliable and long lasting as possible.
In every product that we build we strive for the lowest cost of ownership over the entire product life cycle. This means we reduce complexity where possible and use quality components. This reduces upfront cost, maintenance & service costs and means a long product life. We look for solutions that offer energy efficiency, meaning low cost to operate. And we commit to value pricing, again looking for the long term relationship instead of the one-time upside. Our products combine value to buy with low cost to operate!
Customer support. Whether it is a Food Dehydrator, a heat Pump Water heater or a Lumber Dry Kiln, Nyle builds highly engineered equipment that is often used for complex applications. Therefore customer service is key. And Nyle’s service is legendary!
When you buy a Nyle product, you are not only buying the equipment but you are also buying the support. We define support as not just how the equipment works but also how to best use it for your application. In case of lumber this means our support includes: How to dry different species and thicknesses, how to deal with unusual defect or stain, how to handle lumber, how to lay-out the operation for maximum efficiency, what system to use for most economical and flexible drying, etc. This same philosophy is true for all our product areas.
In short, we at Nyle Systems commit ourselves to providing top quality products, attentive customer service, fair pricing, hard work, and a depth of expertise unmatched in the industry. Our products are energy efficient and environmentally friendly, and they are easy to use, easy to install, easy to maintain and best of all: affordable. We’re dedicated to giving you the products and service you need—whether it’s your first call, or you’ve owned a system for 30 years. Of course our high percentage of repeat customers helps to convince us every day that this is the right way to go!
More on Sustainability
Energy efficiency and sustainability have become prominent terms in recent years. Truth is, Nyle pioneered the dehumidification drying systems 40 years ago. These systems reduce energy costs for drying by a whopping 40% – 60%, and our Heat Pump Water heaters are the most energy and cost efficient way to heat water. Leveraging energy efficiency as a means to help our customers become more competitive has been part of our culture for as long as we’ve been around!
Of course, in this era of climate change the need to become more sustainable and the need for an energy transition has become an urgent issue. At Nyle we see it as a core part of our mission. We have set ourselves the goal to help our customers transition from the use of fossil fuels to electricity that can be generated from renewable sources. We aspire to play a significant part in the solution of this problem, and we are busy doing so.