Foreman / Field Installer – Lumber Dry Kiln Construction
Company: Nyle Systems is a growing, innovative company that develops, manufactures and sells heat pump driven, energy saving equipment (www.nyle.com). Specifically, we are active in lumber drying, food dehydration and water heating. Nyle’s manufacturing and design operations are in Brewer, Maine.
Job Description: Nyle builds lumber dry kilns and drying chambers for food and other products. We are looking for a foreman and an installer to join the teams that do installation in the field. The job responsibilities include the following:
• Be a part of a small crew, typically 2 – 4 people, partly Nyle crew and sometimes including locally hired labor.
• Build the lumber dry kilns (large aluminum chambers as pictured on our website (www.nyle.com) and other equipment that we build.
• (Foreman) – Communicate with the customer, the engineer(s) and the crew and make sure that the project is delivered meeting expectations.
• Installation can take anywhere from 2 days to 2 months but are typically in the 2 – 3 week range.
• Inbetween field installations you’d be working in the factory in Brewer, ME or go on field service calls.
Requirements & Qualifications:
• Good construction know-how and practical experience to be able to erect basic structures as pictured on our website (www.nyle.com)
• Experience in carpentry is a plus.
• Experience in any or more of the following trades is a plus: (aluminum) welding, electrical, refrigeration and steam piping.
• Good written and verbal communication skills.
• Must have a clean record so that entry into Canada is not a problem.
• Must be reliable, independent and professional on the road.
• High energy and commitment to do the work right and on time.
Nyle is based in Brewer, Maine but you should expect to be on the road doing installations up to 50% of the time. Jobs can be anywhere in the world but most of the jobs are in the US and Canada.
What’s in it for you:
• Competitive compensation
• Benefits: Medical, Dental and 401K
• You’d be joining a growing company with opportunity for advancement
• Professional environment
This is an opportunity to work for a growing company that is the North American market leader in DH and gas fired lumber dryers.
Contact Sarah Gorneault (firstname.lastname@example.org). No phone calls please.