Nyle Water Heating Systems (“NWHS”) is a rapidly growing, innovative company that develops, manufactures, and sells heat pump water heaters for commercial and residential applications. (https://www.heatwater.com/).
NWHS is headquartered in Brewer, Maine. This role is intended to be on-site. Candidates requiring hybrid or remote work schedules will not be considered.
NWHS is looking for a Controller. We are a young, innovative, and rapidly growing company that has a culture that matches that of a start-up even though we have been a leader in our space for many years. The right candidate will “do what it takes to make this a success”, adapt to rapid change and work through ambiguity while maintaining a positive attitude.
Reporting to the CEO, you will be responsible for all day-to-day aspects of accounting, including
- Manage all accounting operations including Billing, A/R, A/P, GL, Payroll, Employee Benefits, Cost Accounting, and Inventory Accounting
- Track all transactions in our ERP system (Global Shop Solutions)
- Maintain inventory records in Global Shop Solutions
- Interface with external tax professionals and generally manage financial and tax inquiries
- Analyze cash flow, cost controls and expenses.
- Prepare and publish timely monthly financial statements
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting
- Manage and comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Calculate and issue financial and operating metrics
- Provide cost reports
- Support the rest of the organization where possible
Job Requirements and Qualifications
- At least a bachelor’s degree in accounting
- In-depth knowledge and experience with ERP Systems is desired
- Experience with Global Shop Solutions is a strong plus
- 2 – 4 years of experience either at a small / medium company, preference in manufacturing, or at an accounting firm working with manufacturing companies
- In-depth knowledge and experience with MS Office (incl Word and Excel)
- Strong attention to detail
- Highest level of integrity
- Team player with independent mindset
- High energy and drive.
- Focus on meeting commitments
What’s in it for you
- This is a long-term position with opportunity for growth.
- Competitive compensation & profit share plan.
- Paid time off: Vacation days; Holidays; Sick days.
- Benefits: Medical; Dental; Employer Matching 401K.
- Professional work environment.
Job Type: Full-time, Exempt