Nyle Systems is a rapidly growing, innovative company that develops, manufactures, and sells heat pump-based, industrial drying solutions (www.nyle.com). Specifically, we are active in Lumber Drying, Food Dehydration and Cannabis Drying.
Nyle’ s manufacturing and design operations are located in Brewer, Maine, and this role is on site only. Candidates requiring a remote work environment will not be considered.
We are looking for a design engineer to join our team. This job follows projects from sales through installation and start-up. You will work on product design, prepare manufacturing documentation and drawings and support the installation team. You will also work on new product development and design improvements. You will work on multiple projects in parallel, providing variety and many opportunities to learn and grow.
- Work as part of a team to develop engineering and electrical designs for industrial drying equipment, including air distribution components, a heat pump or gas system, steel/aluminum structure, insulated enclosure, and controls.
- Generate detailed bills of materials, electrical diagrams, control sequences of operation and drawings.
- Support the sales force with technical information and drawings.
- Support continuous improvement initiatives, including design, quality, and manufacturing.
- Support the installation and commissioning teams, specifically, be prepared to troubleshoot and diagnose equipment operational issues (heat pump, instrumentation, electrical).
- Identify and develop technical relationships with vendors of critical components.
Job Requirements and Qualifications:
- B.S. in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering is required.
- 2+ years of product design and/or manufacturing experience preferred.
- HVAC and refrigeration experience is strongly preferred.
- Strong understanding of electrical design and troubleshooting of industrial systems (as part of the mechanical/electrical functionality of our equipment).
- Experience with Solidworks CAD software.
- Must be able to work well under pressure.
- Good understanding of heat transfer, airflow, and drying.
- Team player with good communication skills.
- Must be authorized to work lawfully in the United States. (Note: If hired, a Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification, must be completed at the start of employment).
What’s in it for you?
- This is a long-term position with significant opportunity for growth.
- Competitive compensation.
- Paid time off: Vacation days, Holidays, Sick days.
- Benefits: Medical; Dental; Employer Matching 401K.
- Professional work environment.