Nyle Systems is a growing, innovative company that develops, manufactures and sells heat pump driven, energy saving products (www.nyle.com). Specifically, we are active in Lumber Drying; Food Dehydration; and Heat Pump Water Heating. Nyle’s manufacturing and design operations are in Brewer, Maine.
Nyle is looking for a Senior Design Engineer / Head of Engineering. The job is to design and optimize industrial size Food Dehydrators, Lumber Dry Kilns, Heat Pump Water Heaters and other equipment, typically based on Large Refrigeration Systems. In addition, you will manage a small team of design and control engineers. This team also supports various sales engineers, production, and field service with technical back-up.
Your responsibilities will include:
· Design and test new products for optimal performance in a cost-effective way;
· Manage a small team of design and control engineers that does the same
· Partner with the production team to improve efficiency of manufacturing;
· Support the sales engineers with technical back-up and development of quotes
Ultimately this position is about building a high-performance engineering team that serves the needs of the various business units.
Job Requirements and qualifications:
· 3 or more years of experience in design of heat pump products / refrigeration technologies.
· 3 or more years of experience with programming of PLC / industrial equipment controls and/or building automation.
· 2 or more years of experience managing other engineers and/or project management experience
· Solidworks modeling experience is required. Experience with Solidworks PDM is preferred.
· Experience working with lean manufacturing principles is preferred.
· At least a bachelor’s degree in ME, preferably with experience/specialization in refrigeration technology, thermodynamics / psychrometrics. Preferably GPA 3.0 or better.
· Preference for candidates that have obtained their PE license.
· Entrepreneurial attitude, results driven and high energy.
· Based in Brewer, ME.
This is a young, innovative and growing company. The right candidate will have an entrepreneurial attitude to “do what it takes to make this a success.”
What’s in it for you:
· Competitive compensation;
· Benefits: Medical; Dental & 401k;
· Opportunity to be a key member of a growing company;
· Professional environment.
Nyle experiences rapid growth in several of its business lines. The result is an interesting challenge of building processes and systems in a company that doubles in size every 3-5 years, while seeking to maintain the entrepreneurial spirit. Another implication of this high growth is that there will be interesting future career opportunities in both the central organization as well as the various Business Units.
Send your resume to Linnette at email@example.com