Nyle Systems is a growing, innovative company that develops, manufactures and sells heat pump driven, energy saving products ( www.nyle.com ). Specifically, we are active in Lumber Drying; Food Dehydration and Water Heating. Nyle’s manufacturing and design operations are in Brewer, Maine.
We are looking for a Sheet Metal Helper / Trainee. Your responsibilities will include the following:
- Fabricate and assemble sheet metal products such as ducts, cabinets, panels, control boxes
- Set up and operate sheet metal equipment to bend, cut, notch and similar operations
- Products will generally be very varied: Low volume and one-off with an occasional larger run
- You will be part of a small department that is tightly integrated with other departments such as welding; fabrication; painting; electrical, etc.
- Material will mostly be aluminum and sometimes stainless steel
The position reports to the sheet metal department head and has room to grow
- The job is based in Brewer, Maine.
Job Requirements and qualifications:
- Experience in aluminum and/or stainless steel sheet metal work is a plus
- Have steady hands, be precise, reliable and organized are all required
- Be able to read blueprints, work with measuring tape and understand the materials and tools
- Be self-motivated and push projects forward with little direction from others (depending on experience level)
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Clean driver’s record is a plus
What’s in it for you:
- This is a long-term position with opportunity for growth
- Competitive compensation and profit sharing
- Benefits: Medical/Dental, 401k
- Paid vacation, holiday and sick days
- Professional environment.