Nyle Systems is a growing, innovative company that develops, manufactures, and sells heat pump-driven, energy-saving products ( www.nyle.com ). Specifically, we are active in Lumber Drying, Food Dehydration, and Water Heating. Nyle’s manufacturing and design operations are in Brewer, Maine.
We are looking for a Sheet Metal Technician. Your responsibilities will include the following:
- Program and operate CNC Plasma Table
- Program and operate CNC Press Brake
- Fabricate and assemble sheet metal products such as ducts, cabinets, panels, and control boxes.
- Set up and operate manual sheet metal equipment to bend, cut, notch, and perform similar operations.
- You will be part of a small department that is tightly integrated with other departments, such as welding; fabrication; painting; electrical, etc.
- The material will mostly be aluminum and sometimes stainless steel
- The position reports to the production manager and has room to grow into a leadership role
- The job is based in Brewer, Maine
- 40 hours a week, occasional overtime may be required
Job Requirements and Qualifications:
- 3+ years’ experience in aluminum and/or stainless steel sheet metal work is strongly preferred
- Be precise, reliable, and organized
- Be able to read blueprints, work with measuring tape and understand the materials and tools.
- Be self-motivated and push projects forward with little direction from others.
- Good team player
- Meet deadlines, prioritize time and resources among several projects
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Fork Truck Experience a plus
The job is based in Brewer, Maine.
What’s in it for you:
- This is a long-term position with an opportunity for growth
- Competitive compensation
- Benefits: Medical/Dental, 401k
- Paid vacation, holiday, and sick days
- Professional environment