Nyle Systems is a fast-growing, innovative company that develops, manufactures, and sells heat pump-based, energy-saving products (www.nyle.com). Our product design and manufacturing facility is located in Brewer, Maine. Our core business represents the Forestry, Food Processing, and Water Heating Industries.
Nyle has a culture that blends traditional values, such as commitment to customers and community while delivering quality and value. As Nyle grows, we strive to provide a safe workplace for associates with numerous professional growth opportunities. Nyle aims to have a meaningful impact on transitioning our world into a path of sustainability for the next generations.
Our Company Core Values:
- Customer Focus: We seek to provide our customers with a superior experience and greater value versus our competition.
- Continuous Improvement: Our job is to continuously improve our business along all dimensions, from Customer Value Propositions to Quality, Lean Manufacturing, Operational Excellence, and Employee Satisfaction.
- Innovation: Our Mission requires us to develop new solutions for our customers. Luckily, we live in a time of rapid technological development, granting ample opportunity to develop innovative products and solutions that help them reduce their emissions and deliver a better end-product.
- Bias for action: Many decisions and actions are reversible and do not need extensive study. While we strive to be data-driven and fact-based in all we do, we seek to avoid analysis paralysis.
- Safety: We build industrial equipment. We also have installation teams and service technicians in the field. Whether in the factory or the field, we focus on our associates’ safety and well-being.
- Frugality: Accomplish more with less. Constraints breed resourcefulness and innovation. We are not in business to increase expenses, grow headcount, or seek perks.
- Integrity, Ownership, and Teamwork: We expect all our associates to act with integrity and on behalf of the entire company, beyond just your team or job. Working together and supporting each other to reach common goals and objectives.
- Deliver Results: Ultimately, it is results that matter! In the face of setbacks, we work harder to get there.
- Think Big: Nyle seeks to have a real impact in the transition towards a renewable, sustainable energy system. To do that, we need to think big and be bold. We expect to continue doubling our business every 3 – 4 years!
Nyle is looking for a Structural Design / Manufacturing Engineer based in Brewer, Maine. The primary job responsibility will be to design lumber dry-kilns in all sizes and configurations. Additionally, you’ll be supporting the sales force, production, and installation teams with technical backup. Last but not least, you’ll be collaborating with specialists in refrigeration and electrical engineering with opportunities to cross-train and broaden your scope. You will be working on multiple projects in parallel, providing you with a fascinating job with many opportunities to learn and grow. Initially, your responsibilities will include:
- Design new products for optimal performance
- Package lumber dry-kilns for all sizes and configurations
- Support the sales force with technical back-up and development of quotes
- Identify and develop technical relationships with vendors of critical components.
- Seek to optimize products from the perspective of performance, manufacturability, and cost.
- Interact with customers on new and ongoing projects, product design, and service.
Employment Requirements and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Two (2) or more years of experience working in Mechanical Engineering or related fields
- Advanced computer skills with fluency in CAD, CAM, and preferably Solidworks
- Ability to communicate technical ideas clearly and concisely, both visually and verbally
- Ability to write clear and comprehensive technical documentation
- Experience with modular designs or ERP systems is a plus.
- Proficiency in problem analyses and solution development
- Must be able to communicate, coordinate, and partner with sales and support staff to achieve company goals.
- Must be able to complete tasks with limited oversight.
What’s in it for you:
- Competitive compensation and profit share
- Benefits: Medical, Dental
- Paid vacation, holidays, and sick days.
- Access to 401k Retirement
- Professional and Flexible work environment
- Team-oriented culture
Job Type: Full-time