Nyle Water Heating Systems (“NWHS”) is a rapidly growing, innovative company that develops, manufactures, and sells heat pump water heaters for commercial and residential applications. (https://www.heatwater.com/). We are a young, innovative, and rapidly growing company that has a culture that matches that of a start-up even though we have been a leader in our space for many years.
NWHS is headquartered in Brewer, Maine (Bangor Area)
This role is intended to be on-site. Candidates requiring hybrid or remote work schedules will not be considered.
NWHS is looking for a Supply Chain Manager. The right candidate will “do what it takes to make this a success”, adapt to rapid change and work through ambiguity while maintaining a positive attitude.
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, the Supply Chain Manager will coordinate, organize, and oversee all activities involved in the identification, acquisition, inventory management, and distribution of the company’s goods.
- Negotiate prices for raw material and delivery with suppliers, vendors, and/or shipping companies.
- Collaborate with other departments and stakeholders to identify and maintain resources needed to establish and provide an effective supply chain.
- Establish performance metrics for measurement, comparison, or evaluation of factors affecting the supply chain.
- Develop and maintain detailed inventories of materials and supplies in the factory.
- Maintain required quantity of supplies and materials to optimize production.
- Analyze current inventories and procedures; suggest improvements to increase efficiency of supply chain and profitability for the company.
- Develop policies to increase efficiency throughout the supply chain while ensuring quality and safety; implements subsequent changes to processes.
- Identify optimal shipment and transportation routes with attention to consolidation of warehousing and distribution.
- Assess the need for material-handling equipment and staffing; make recommendations to ensure efficient loading, unloading, movement, and storage of materials.
- Participate as an advisory member of the product development team, providing information and guidance on availability and cost of supplies and materials.
- Acts as part of the team coordinating engineering changes, product line extension, or new product launches to ensure timely and orderly material and production flow transitions.
- Monitors the performance of suppliers, assessing their ability to meet quality and delivery requirements; identifies and qualifies new suppliers in collaboration with other departments.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Job Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering or related field required.
- Three years of experience as a supervisor, manager, in a similar position in a manufacturing organization required.
- 3+ years’ experience in the HVAC-R or heat pump industry strongly preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills with a proven ability to create and maintain positive working relationships with vendors, suppliers, shippers, and customers.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Experience recruiting and developing buyers, inventory specialists and shipping, receiving, and warehouse employees.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Thorough understanding of domestic and international logistics
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Proficient in the use of ERP systems. (i.e., Global Shop Solutions or similar)
What’s in it for you
- Competitive compensation
- Paid time off: Vacation days; Holidays; Sick days.
- Benefits: Medical; Dental; Employer Matching 401(k), Short- & Long-Term Disability Insurance.
Job Type: Full-time, Exempt