Heat Pump Water Heating is a key part of the energy transition and the market for these products is growing very rapidly! Nyle (heatwater.com) is a leader in this industry. Our goal is to reduce emissions through the use of smart, energy-saving heat pump and thermal energy storage systems. We are revolutionizing the water heating industry in North America with our groundbreaking approaches.
At this time, we are looking for an entrepreneurial Technical Product Manager for our “small commercial” heat pump water heaters. Sitting in the center between sales; production; product design, service and marketing, the job is to take leadership and responsibility for the ongoing development of this product line, all the way from the strategic direction to the day-to-day maintenance of documentation.
Specifically, you will be involved in:
- Lead scheduled and ad-hoc meetings with customers, partners, sales teams, R&D, and operations stakeholders to understand the direction of the industry, lay out the product development road map and make sure that the product and its features meet the market needs
- Work with Sales, Marketing, Training, Tech Support, Applications Engineering, and R&D on development and maintenance of product manuals, catalogs, sales tools, marketing campaigns, product trainings, etc
- Maintain product certification (UL; CE; Energy Star, etc.); Bills of Material; Technical Drawings; Costs and Pricing Information
- Support sales and operations with new product applications; service issues; testing of product improvements, etc.
- Additional duties as requested by manager
This role requires strong organizational skills, a keen eye for detail and willingness to listen to multiple audiences and develop solutions that meet the needs of multiple stakeholders.
This position is based in Brewer, Maine, just across the Penobscot River from Bangor, a growing city with a small-town feel that was recently named one of the coolest towns in America and a top place to live.
Experience You’ll Need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Business Administration/Marketing with a strong technological affinity
- 3+ yrs experience in Engineering; Manufacturing or Product Management
- HVAC-R background and experience in residential, commercial, or industrial is strongly preferred
- Comfortable presenting to and engaging with technical and executive audiences including Engineers, Customers, and Business leaders
- Ability to read and interpret mechanical, electrical and / or architectural blueprints,
specifications, and HVAC equipment submittal data
What’s in it for you:
- An opportunity to put your career on a rapid learning / rapid growth track!
- Competitive compensation with lots of opportunity for growth.
- Benefits: Medical; Dental; Employer matched 401k.
- Paid vacation, holiday and sick days, short- & long-term disability insurance
- Opportunity to be a key member of a growing company
- Flexible and Professional work environment
While we consider hybrid /remote applicants that can be on-site frequently, the opportunity exists to live and have an amazing career in the middle of Maine…a state that offers a quality of life that no other state can match — it really is “The Way Life Should Be!”
Ready to learn more? Apply today!