Nyle Systems is a growing, innovative company that develops, manufactures and sells heat pump driven, energy saving products (www.nyle.com). Specifically, we are active in applying our technology to Lumber Drying; Food Dehydration; and Heat Pump Water Heating. Nyle’s manufacturing and design operations are in Brewer, Maine.
Nyle is looking for a tech-savvy Purchaser with an analytical, detailed oriented mindset. The Purchaser will be responsible that the parts that go into our manufactured products are bought at optimal quality, at the optimal price and delivered in-time. Specifically, your responsibilities include:
- Understand the wide variety of parts that go into our equipment and the important requirements they need to meet. Know the various vendors, domestic and international that supply these parts.
- Shop for the best available parts incl. quality, availability, price and other key criteria. Negotiate purchasing contracts and establish appropriate vendor relationships
- Establish performance metrics that vendors need to meet. Design and run reports to track performance and hold periodic vendor reviews
- Write Purchase Orders and track the process from PO through delivery and inspection of incoming parts
- Maintain inventory records; establish order points and quantities for recurring orders. Help optimize the entire parts flow using Lean Manufacturing Principles
Career opportunity: Nyle is a company that has several business lines with high growth potential. As the company grows, you will have the opportunity to shape this position from basic purchasing to, over time, supply chain management.
Job Requirements and qualifications:
- 4 years or more experience in a technical purchaser position, preferably dealing with the kinds of refrigeration, electrical and related parts that you will be working with at Nyle.
- An Associates or Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or a related technical field.
- Analytical and detail oriented.
- Solid computer skills incl. ERP system(s); MS applications incl Excel, Word, Access and similar programs
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Independent mindset with ability to complete tasks with limited oversight in a timely manner. Also to take initiative in optimizing vendor relationships
- Team player with ability to partner with engineering, production and warehousing to accomplish company goals.
- Experience working with lean manufacturing principles is preferred.
- Based in Brewer, ME.
Nyle is an innovative and rapidly growing company. We are looking for a candidate with high energy who is passionate about being the best purchaser possible and delivering value to the company
What’s in it for you:
- Competitive compensation
- Benefits: Medical; Dental; 401k & Profit Sharing
- Opportunity to be a key member of a growing company
- Flexible work environment
- Professional environment