Nyle Systems is a growing, innovative company that develops, manufactures, and sells heat pump-driven, energy-saving products (www.nyle.com). Specifically, we are active in Lumber Drying; Food Dehydration, and Water Heating. Nyle’s manufacturing and design operations are in Brewer, Maine.
We are looking for a Welder Helper. Your responsibilities will include the following:
- Prepare the materials needed by the welders, including cutting pieces and clamping pieces in position.
- Lift, move and hold workpieces to a table or into position as directed. Clamps, pry bars, hammers, and/or wedges can be used during this process.
- Make sure the welders have the necessary material needed so there is no downtime.
- The job is based in Brewer, Maine. Occasionally you may be traveling to help the kiln installation team set up a kiln in the field.
- The position reports to the welding department head and has room to grow
Job Requirements and qualifications:
- Experience in MIG and TIG welding of aluminum is a plus
- Have steady hands, be able to hold the metal in place while welding, and be able to work long hours on your feet
- Have the technical know-how to read blueprints, work with measuring tape and understand the materials and tools
- Be self-motivated and push projects forward with little direction from others (depending on experience level)
- Fabricating skills is a plus
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- A clean driver’s record is a plus
What’s in it for you:
- This is a long-term position with an opportunity for growth
- Competitive compensation & profit share plan.
- Paid time off Vacation days; Holidays; sick days
- Benefits: Medical; Dental; 401K
- Professional environment.
Job Type: Full-time