NDK 2.0R Controls
Nyle NDK 2.0R Kiln Control
The NDK 2.0R controls package was designed for kiln operators by kiln operators and is capable of being installed on any kiln from any manufacturer. Our newest platform encompasses the company’s goals of creating energy-efficient solutions for kiln drying, all while applying advanced functionality to reduce drying time without compromising quality.
The NDK 2.0R comes with 2 digital wet bulb and dry bulb sensors as well as 4 additional RTD sensors. Electronic sensors are placed in air flow plenum spaces and control the primary logic sequences in the kiln, and the RTD sensors can be utilized as an additional reference for fine-tuning. All sensors are automatically recorded in the built-in data recording package and displayed using our trending technology for historical records.
The NDK 2.0R platform builds off of our years of experience controlling kilns and supports the following control modes to allow kiln operators to choose the preferred drying method on a per species basis:
- Conventional Mode; This mode utilizes a controlling dry bulb for temperature control and a wet bulb reading for venting the kiln or adding moisture.
- Dump Cycle Mode; Dump cycle mode This will run a time-based Heat, dump, and rest cycle with multiple repeats to get thick slabs down from 15% to 8% or less.
- Heat Treat Mode; In this mode, when the target temperature (settable) is reached and maintained for the required time (settable), the kiln stops automatically.
- DH Mode; This mode is more suitable for drying slow-drying hardwoods like oak. In this mode, the kiln is controlled according to traditional DH operation.
- Hybrid Mode; This mode is more suitable for faster drying species. In this mode, the kiln is controlled more according to traditional/conventional drying practice while using a dehumidifier.
- Electronic Wet Bulb/Dry Bulb
- Mobile/Web-Based Controls
- Two RTD Probes
- Advanced Scheduling System
- Remote Access
- Data Logging
- Flexible Scheduling
- 7″ Touch Screen
When you are buying a Nyle Control, you are not only buying the equipment but also the support.
Contact a Nyle Representative for more details.