Low Temperature DH Systems
L 53 Dehumidification Kiln Drying System
- Dries between 300 and 1,000 board feet of lumber.
- Dry your lumber down to 6 – 8% moisture content for pennies per board foot.
- Operates between 70°F – 120°F.
- Specifically made for softwoods and fast drying hardwoods like pine, poplar and oak.
- Provides everything you need except a chamber.
- Operates on 110V
The L53 is a compact, high-performance dehumidification system which will dry between 300 and 1,000 board feet of lumber. Like all Nyle dehumidification systems, the L53 is easy on your wood, minimizing degrade and easy on your bank account, minimizing both purchase price and operating costs. Whether you are a serious hobbyist or an accomplished professional, the L53 delivers superb results load after load.
L 53 Standard Chamber
- Number of fans: 2
- Fan Horse Power: .25 HP
- Chamber Dimensions: 8 x 10 Ft.
- Voltage Requirements: 120V
- Shipping Weight: 1,200 lbs.
- Shipping Dimensions: 138″ x 48″
- Build Time: 1 Day
Our smallest unit now has a chamber option! The L53 chamber is high grade aluminum featuring two fans and two power vents. The chamber is designed for easy loading and unloading and can be built in one day. It is capable of drying between 300 – 1,000 board feet of lumber depending on if it is fast or slow drying. This chamber along with the L53 dehumidification unit will remove 60 lbs. of water every 24 hours and is optimized to operate between 70 – 120°F.
L 200 Dehumidification Kiln Drying System
- Will dry up to 4,000 board feet of 4/4 green oak in 4 – 5 weeks.
- Will dry up to 2,500 board feet of green softwood in 1 – 2 weeks.
- Operates between 70°F – 120°F.
- Includes auxiliary heating, two 1/4 hp fans, prewired electric panel, powered vent kits and operating manual.
- Two control systems available to cover all of your needs.
- Operates on 220V Single Phase Power
The L200 is a compact, high-performance dry kiln system. It will dry up to 4,000 board feet of 4/4 green oak in approximately 4-5 weeks. It will dry up to 2,500 board feet of green softwood in about 1-2 weeks.
L200 units include auxiliary heating, two ¼ hp circulating fans, prewired electric panel, powered vent kits and operating manual. That’s everything you need to get started except for the chamber itself and we will provide the plans for the chamber.
The operating temperature range for the L53 and L200 is between 70ºF and 120ºF (21ºC – 49ºC) during the drying process. You can set pitch or sterilize with the included auxiliary heater. Additional fans and a power vent system are also available.
Control Options for the L200 Kiln Drying System
L200 standard control system. The traditional L200 has a precise controller which requires just a few minutes of daily monitoring. Controls include a thermostat with remote sensor and compressor timer. This system has been proven in thousands of installations since 1984. The temperature control turns the supplemental heat on and off as needed. It displays both the set point and the actual kiln temperature. The humidity is managed by using a wet bulb sensor and controls the operation of the compressor. This is a simple, reliable, time tested system.
L200 M temperature and wet bulb with wood moisture probes. The temperature and humidity are controlled by wet bulb and dry bulb sensors. The temperature control turns the supplemental heat on and off as needed. Wet bulb is the most accurate way to measure humidity and it controls the operation of the compressor. In addition this controller provides 4 digital readouts of wood moisture content. The system can be set to shut down when all four probes read the target moisture content. This system provides a premium level of control for thousands of dollars less than the cost just a few years ago.
L 200 Standard Chamber
- Number of fans: 4
- Fan Horse Power: 1/3 HP
- Chamber Dimensions: 8 x 16.5 Ft.
- Voltage Requirements: 220/1/60
- Shipping Weight: 2,000 lbs.
- Shipping Dimensions: 140″ x 48″
- Build Time: 1 – 2 Days
Our most popular unit now has a chamber option! The L200 Standard Chamber is made from high grade aluminum and is optimized for easy loading and unloading. This chamber is 16.5 Ft. wide by 8 Ft deep and is capable of drying 4,000 BF of 4/4 green oak in 4 to 5 weeks. It can also dry 1,500 to 2,500 BF of 1″ green softwood or fast drying hardwood in one to two weeks.
|Model||Softwood Capacity||Hardwood Capacity||Water Removal / Day||Voltage Requirement|
|L53||300 BF||1,000 BF||60 lbs||110V|
|L200||1,500 - 2,500 BF||4,000 BF||250 lbs||220V|