Indirect Gas Fired Softwood Kilns
Gas has become a low cost alternative to heat your kiln. In some areas with high electric rates even more economical than our dehumidification kilns. That’s why we have developed a range of indirect gas fired kilns. What is the most economical kiln will depend on the price of natural gas and electric at your location.
We get this question a lot: “Should I use direct fired or indirect fired, what exactly is the difference?”
Nyle’s indirect fired kilns use a furnace and a heating coil. The gas flame is fully contained in the heating coil and heats it from the inside.
The air is blown over the coil and gets heated that way.
Nyle uses indirect fired systems, even when they are a little more expensive to build, because they have a better safety record and much better quality control.
- No open flame with Indirect Gas Fired Dry Kilns
- No make up air for the burner system
- Accurate temperature and RH control
Our kilns come with reliability features such as corrosion resistant aluminum cabinets, dehumidification coils that are specially coated to withstand the acids and harsh atmosphere in a kiln, stainless steel cold coils and tubing, and many other features that make your system last longer and perform better are included in a Nyle system.
Dehumidification Softwood Dry Kilns
- Designed for loads of 50MBF – 1MMBF.
- Eliminates the need for a boiler.
- Operates at up to 230°F (120°C) matching, or faster than the speed of most conventional continuous kilns.
- Our heat pump technology maximizes energy efficiency by using 40 – 60% less energy than conventional kilns with a boiler.
- Precision control systems with remote access from anywhere in the world.
- Dries using standard conventional schedules.
Understanding the need for drying at very high temperatures Nyle’s patented VHT Systems are like HT Series in that they are customized for every order, but they dry hotter and faster at up to 230F and are made in a wide range of sizes to meet every need. We are using the same concepts and technologies that have allowed us to build DH systems for over 40 years!
Hundreds of units have been sold. Nyle Systems save energy, reduce your capital and operating costs while making drying simple and allowing even inexperienced operators to produce the highest quality lumber and improve yields.
Contact a Nyle Representative for more details.